Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 18 crazy week

Alright this week has been really crazy with Elder Martinez going home. I was with Elder Tipton and the zone leader Elder Castrejon for a few days. 

Martes: we had a super good district meeting on Faith and Alma 32, it was super good. Then our lunch appointment canceled on us, so we went back to the resturant. After that we did a lot of walking because no one was home. That always happens when I am with a zone leader. 

On Jueves we watched two hours of the district videos to finish our 12 week training. No more district videos! After that we had a leccion with a new member in Elder Tipton's area. There is also a dog of one of the members in his area named Tobias but I call him 4 because of the movie Divergent. Haha


Viernes: we got to ride a two story bus from Duitama to Sogamoso because we had to drop off the zone leader. Now it is just Elder Tipton and I. We had a good day, we got cupcakes. We got a little lost but eventually found our way, and had a super good leccion with a daughter of an investigator family. We invited her to read the libro de mormon and invited her to be baptized. She accepted the invitation that was awesome. Then we had Noche de Hogar also which was cool and exciting. 

Sabado: we did some service in Duitama. We started a working on a foundation for a house, by digging trenches and a lot of it was pretty rocky, so we had to use pick axes to remove some of the rocks. They say to build your house upon a good foundation even if it is hard work. We got apple pie today! This lady that was in Elder Tipton's  Area used to live in the states and learned how to make American desserts. The pie was really good. 

Domingo: this day started crazy and finished crazy. The first thing that happened was I was asked to talk in sacrament at the very last minute, I had no idea what to talk on, so guess what I spoke on? That's right missionary work! To be more exact I talked on member missionary work. The talk went a lot better than I thought it would. Down here it was the day of the women, so mom I hope you had a great day! I love you so much! Later we had a lesson with the Gutierrez family and we set up Noche de Hogar with them for Friday, then another Noche de Hogar for this Monday with some less actives members. Right as we were going to bed we got a call from the mission president and he asked if we would go give a sister missionary a blessing because her niece died in a motor cycle accident, so at 11:00 that night we went to the other side of Sogamoso and gave her a blessing. We got home around midnight and called the zone leaders to let them know we were back at the apartment. He then told us that he had the transfers in his hand, so he read them to us. I am getting transferred to Bucaramanga on Monday. That night I stayed up packing and eating all the food I just bought. What is really sad is that they are taking the Elders out of this area. We were so close with Elizabeth, and Jonathan...... I guess the lord has other plans. Hopefully the Hermanas will be able to work with them. 

Well I am here in Bucaramanga with Elder  Henriques de Chile. He seems really cool.  It is also really hot here! It is so hot here, I am sweating in my sleep. 
Well that has been my crazy week! I love you guys! 
Love Elder Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment