Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 41 I love my area, and the people!!

Wow that is crazy that school is already starting back up , I feel like summer just started, but WOW! And Jacob is a freshmen . I remeber super clearly when I was  a freshmen, that is crazy it has been like 5 years !!! And Jared is in Jr High insane! Everyone is growing up so fast! Dont worry you will recieve a lot of emails from Seth about how he wish he would have prepared more jaja, hows his spanish ? Nope, I don't know if I will get transferred next week. We find out  the night before , or early the day of if we are being transfered so stay tuned, if I don't  write until Tuesday you know why. 

Okay so this week in Colombia, 
Martes we did service for the Family P_, because they moved houses, which is kind of wierd , because they just moved from Bogata, but they are still in our ward , so that is good. It was a lot of work moving everything down 5 flights of stairs, with only my Compaion and I there to help. Lots of sweating , and then the next day I was super sore! Anyways later after lunch there is a man who lives close to us , and he fixes clothes if they need to be repaired, so he was fixing some of my companions clothes , so we started a conversation about the church , and found out that he is testigo de Jehova , but we were able to have a super cool conversation , about the Gospel , he is really respectful about our Religon, so that is way cool! Later we had a lesson with the Family B_ they are less actives , and the oldest daughter brought a friend , and she wants to serve a mission ! Then we has a lesson with the Family D_ it has been a while , but it went really well.

MiĆ©rcoles: We had a reunion de Zona which went well they talked about the importance of planning and how it is something sacred.Then they gave us the Lihanonas of these past couple meses which are tan trunky because they talk all about marriage and the family jaja. Anyways later in the night we had our english class which more people came to so that was good. Then we had a noche de Hogar with Familia S_ less actives , and we brought E_ too , it went well! 

Jueves Not much happened , I had a long planning session  by myself of course:p , Then we had a lesson with E_ y J_  which went well, they are still waiting on papers so they can get married.

Viernes: We had a lesson with H_, then in the night with los D_ with the comapny of the bishop so that was cool , then we had a lesson with E_ , an old investigator, and he has been struggling with depressino or well mas with feeling content , and feeling happiness, because he is divorced and lives alone. So we were sharing things to lift his spirit, then all at once, I remembered , in our Sunday school like 2 years ago with Sister Barton how we were talking about the Grace of Jesus Christ so I shared how we can find esperanza en Cristo, it was way cool , then we gave him a blessing of strength to help him. 

Sabado we set up a bapitsimal date with family S_  for this Saturday!

Domingo : I had to give an impromptu talk on the spot and in spanish , so that was interesting , luckily I had a lot of help from the spirit! 

Hoy : we played Futbol !!! Then we had lunch with the family P_ they made super good pasta. Also while we were waiting for people to show up to play futbol two cops came up to us in there motorcylce , and then searched us for weapons, and drugs so that was kind of random and wierd, but okay, anyways that was my week. 

I hoep you guys have a great first week at school , and that you do well with all of it. Thanks for the updates it is great to hear from you guys. 
Love you all so much ,
Elder Strong :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment