Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Week four

The coolest experience this week is when we had the opportunity to go tracting. The first person Elder Tipton and I talked with we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon, which was awesome. Then every time we passed him that day he was still reading the Book Of Mormon. Then he talked with the sister missionary from our district, and he told them how grateful he was for Elder Tipton, and I, so that was awesome. Also we taught two older ladies about the church and different things like that, and as we were leaving they gave us some oranges, so when we left I said to my companion " look the fruit of our labors," haha! Then we were also able to give a copy of the Book of Mormon to a Young Japanese women. We talked to her about Jesus Christ coming to the Americas. Next we talked to a man drinking coffee so we talked to him about the word of wisdom. At first he didn't want anything to do with us, but we were able to talk to him for about 30 minutes, most of it was in Spanish. He was really patient with our struggle to speak Spanish. 
Yesterday we had the opportunity to attend the temple again. I fell asleep during the session, for a few minutes because the night before we were up helping the elders pack that were getting ready to leave. I was still able to feel the peace and comfort. 
Also yesterday we had a chance to take a tour of the city. However no one told us what we should see or do, and we didn't have a tour guide. We stood in one area for about two hours. I was with 30 white missionaries so I am sure we looked like we were out of place. I did find a store where they sold soccer jerseys so I bought a couple of Colombian jerseys .
Alright so as you can see these few days have been pretty eventful and exciting, and super spiritual! I am kind of nervous about getting my new Latino companion it is going to be so different, but hopefully a good different. Hopefully I will be able to communicate with him. He comes in a couple of hours! I hope that we will get along like Elder Tipton And I did.
I love you so much thanks for everything you have done for me. Thanks for the updates and comforting words and all the support and love. I appreciate all the prayers for me, I still haven't received your letters but I will keep checking. Thanks again! Love you all keep being good examples and light to all those around you! 
Love, Elder Fuerte

No comments:

Post a Comment