Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week 13 We had a great week!

Martes- We had a lesson with Elizabeth, we invited her to be baptized, but she said that she didn't feel like she was ready yet. Don't worry we not giving up on her. We took a member with us, to the lesson, it is always nice to have a member go and share his or her testimony.  Also Gibertos mom passed away on Monday so we shared with him some of the plan of salvation with him. Then we told him that he can do the temple work for his mom. It rained today!! That was so awesome because it has been so hot here. 

Mericoles- We had a district meeting, we got new sister missionaries. Then we had Noche de Hogar with the Camargo family . We talked about light and truth and how every decision we make increases or decreases our sensibility to the light of Christ. 

Jueves- We did a lot of planning, then after lunch we went and help Hermano Fabio with his English. We couldn't remember how to spell recipe, go figure because my spelling is terrible if you can't tell from my emails. Then we had a lesson with Aladion and his nephew about the plan of salvation, it is so crazy to hear all the different ideas that people have about where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going after this life. Later that night we had ward council, it was good but long. Afterwards we ordered Chineese food, so that was good. 

Viernes- I was sick again. We did our laundry so that was good. We walked up those long stairs so we could go teach a lesson to an investigator. I felt like I was going to pass out because I didn't have any fluids in me. I didn't so that was good. Then we had a good lesson with Elizabeth about having faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ. She accepted our invitation to be baptized but wasn't sure about the date. We told her to pray for strength to prepare to be baptized. 

Sabado- We had interviews with the President. They went well not much to talk about, but he did mention that there was a sister missionary in this mission who is from Chile who went to the states and is getting married to someone who works for Deseret Farms. Dad might know who I am talking about. I just thought that was cool!

Domingo- on Sunday morning on our way to church we stopped by Jonathan's place to walk with him to church. When we got there he wasn't there and we couldn't get a hold of him. That was a big  bummer, so we went by ourselves. Now pause for dramatic effect...... So 5 minutes before church started Jonathan walked in the chapel. It is so awesome to see him exercise his faith and come to church by himself. Then we helped a member with his talk on self reliance. I realized that I don't know a whole lot about it, but I am learning. After church we took Arnoldns( a member who is getting ready for his mission) with us to teach the rest of our lessons for the day. We had a lesson with a new member we met in the street because her kids came up to us and wanted us to speak English. We were talking to them but they didn't understand anything, so then their mom came and we were able to set up a date to meet with them to share the gospel, so that was cool! 

Hoy- We bought food, made chicken strips and hot sauce. Well I basically watched and learned as my companion made them but they were super good. I even found a Dr. Pepper in one of the stores, it was about double what we would pay in the states but boy did it taste good! 

My favorite food so far is pizza, but it isn't as good as American pizza. They also have this food called empanadas which are good, and there is a lot of rice. Advice I would give Seth is to really get to know preach my gospel, also reach out to your friends who aren't members or less actives. This is something I wish I would have done more of before my mission. Also work a lot with the missionaries. I love you guys and am grateful for all the prayers! 
Love, Elder Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment